Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Salmon Chowder

I made this last night and it was sooooo delicious! It's off the internet and the only thing I had to change was using salmon fillets grilled on the BBQ instead of canned!

3 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups diced potatoes
2 carrots, diced
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 lb salmon cooked on grill or baked
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, shredded

1. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, and garlic powder until onions are tender. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, pepper, and dill. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat. Cover, simmer 20 minutes.
2.Stir in salmon, evaporated milk, corn, and cheese. Cook until heated through.

I served this with whole wheat sourdough rolls. It was soooooo yummy! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chara

    Just read your blog. I love how you write about your every day life. I feel like I am right there along side you. Glad that school is going well for all your kids. I bet they are getting so big.

    Hope you have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete