Thursday, September 9, 2010

fruit crisp

This is so yummy and quick and can be made with pretty much any fruit! I'm not a big fan of pie crust or cobblers, but I love a good crisp! Tonight I made pear crisp, as I had 3 pears that were getting ready to go bad if they didn't get used. This is what I do with any fruit that's about to go bad(it's pretty rare at my house but it does happen occasionally!)

3 cups chopped up fresh fruit or 2 small cans(or 1 large) fruit
1/2 cup butter
1 cup whole wheat flour(or whatever)
1 cup oats
1 cup organic sugar(or whatever)
1/2 tsp cinnamon(optional)
1/4 tsp nutmeg(optional)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Put the fruit in a pie pan or similar casserole dish. Use a pastry blender or a fork to mix the butter, flour, oats, and sugar together until the butter is pea size or smaller. Sprinkle the crisp on top of the fruit, and bake for 30-40 minutes. It's done when the topping is golden brown and you can see bubbles going in the fruit. Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment