Monday, October 15, 2012

Man plans, God laughs

Ok so I haven't updated in a while(big shocker!) so of course, yet again, there is like 5 million pages worth of news! Let's see, where to begin...

I guess I should start by saying how much I love the farm life, our house here in NC, our church family(they are especially fantastic), and our TONS of friends here. That being said, there's this thing, this big, terrible, awful, especially no good thing, called deployment.

I'm sure I've shared before that my husband is in the Army, and since all of my readers are my friends, I know you all already know! Him being in the Army means deployments, no big deal. I've done them before, 2 actually, back to back, a 12 month and a 15 month. These 2 make me by no means an expert by the way, some of my readers and closest friends have done 4, 5 , and even 6 of them(some 18 months!) with their super awesome husbands. I can't explain why, but this one is just different.

Anyway, my superman husband left for a month to go to NTC(National Training Center in Cali, for our non military friends) in July, and I came upon this sudden, terrifying realization. I can NOT do this for 9 months! What is 9 months really, in the grand scheme when you've done a 15 month? NOTHING! I don't know if it's because I have 2 more kids than the last one, or because my boys are of that super fun age where I need manly back up, or if it's because owning a home is terrifying when you have no one here to help. Regardless, I can't do it, and happily, I don't have to.

I have this super awesome, super supportive, super loving, big, loud(not quite as loud as me), simultaneously-get-on-your-last-nerve type of family who loves us so very much, that they are going to help us out. So here's the game plan at this point. Sell the house, move home. Lame right? NO! It's super awesome! My kids are super excited, I'm super excited, my parents are pretending to be super excited! It's going to be awesome, and if it isn't, well we'll make it work anyway! I get the backup I need, they get grandbaby fix.

And, speaking of grandbabies leads me to the very best most exciting part.... YEP! We are having a baby! This is baby 7 for us, and we are so over the moon we can't even describe it! I can't believe how blessed we are, and at the same time a little terrified at this HUGE responsibility God feels like we can handle. I think a measure of terrified dependence on God is right where we should be anyway.

P.S. My super funny daughter just heard me reading this out loud to my husband, who proofreads all my hilariousness, and she says, "Hey, that's just like you!" I said, "That's because it IS me, I just wrote that!" HAHA! I love my kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment