Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Becoming a man

So Gavin informed us a few months ago that he had planed some potatoes. It was forgotten, but not by him. He came to me yesterday and informed me, "Today is the day I am going to harvest my potatoes." Okay.....

He quickly finished his homework and chores and raced outside to get his potatoes. While he was finishing up there were many questions about his potatoes, mostly how many we needed for mashed potatoes or potato salad, and if we could use them for dinner tonight.

He then proceeded to tell me that he planted a whole potato. Now, not knowing much about potato growing except that you are supposed to cut them up before planting, I warned him that there may not be any potatoes. He was undeterred and raced out to harvest his potatoes.

This is what he found! He was so proud to help feed his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment