Monday, March 7, 2011

pregnancy...

It's crazy how after so many easy uncomplicated pregnancies, you can have one that just wants to scare you! This is pregnancy number 7 for us, we have 5 beautiful children, and one up in heaven with Jesus. The pregnancy we lost started out just like the rest, and was totally uneventful, until I woke up one morning and spotted just the tiniest bit. I don't EVER spot, I didn't feel like I was very big, and I hadn't felt the baby move yet(I was 18 weeks) so I just knew in the pit of my stomach that something was wrong. We went into the ER, and they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. It crushed us.

This pregnancy started out exactly the same as the rest as well. About 7 weeks I had some spotting and just fell apart. I had determined already in my mind that there was no hope for this baby. We went into the clinic and they found a heartbeat right away, and everything was fine. They said they thought it was a result of intercourse, and just to know that it would probably happen again, and it did. Occasionally, until I went on vacation 8 weeks ago, I would spot after sex. Apparently super common, and nothing to worry about.

So I got back from vacation a day before my husband, and we hadn't done anything in days before that anyway, but the day after I got home, I started spotting. I called L&D and they wanted me to come in. A good friend of mine came to sit with the kids, and her hubby offered to pick Terence up from the airport for me. After going in and getting checked out it turns out that my placenta is really low and close to my cervix. So I have to go back in to have it measured etc. to see how bad it is.

It's crazy to me that something so rare has been happening to so may ladies that I know lately. Supposedly only 1 in 200 pregnancies have partial or full previa, so what is that .5%? So how weird is it that I know 2 ladies personally that have been effected by this just in the last 6 months, and more over the last couple of years. I certainly don't know 400 women. Supposedly things that make you more likely to have this are smoking(nope), cocaine use(nope), and being over 35(nope). The chances of you losing a baby after 10 weeks and hearing the baby's heartbeat are less than 1%, yet I know 2 ladies plus myself, for a total of 3, that this has happened to in the last 2 years. It makes me wonder why all of these pregnancy and birth  issues are so prevalent right now. I'm wondering if there are some spiritual forces against us...

So, pray ladies, pray hard for your families, and your babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment