Monday, March 28, 2011

Carrot Cake

This recipe came out of a church cookbook, and I've been making it for YEARS. It's the only carrot cake recipe I'll use since I don't like nuts or raisins in my carrot cake. The pineapple makes it perfect! Ok so how to write this recipe? Original or modified??? I guess I'll do the original and describe the changes I make??? Try to keep up! :)

1 1/2 c. vegetable oil(I use applesauce instead)
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
2 c. grated carrots
2 1/2 c. flour(half and half whole wheat or whatever you're brave enough to try!)
8 oz. crushed pineapple
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
(I also add some vanilla)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease and flour a 9X13" pan or two 9" pans. Mix all ingredients until smooth and well blended. Bake 50-60 minutes for 9X13, or 30-45 minutes for 9" pans.

I ALWAYS double the recipe for the frosting, but here it is in it's original form!

3 oz cream cheese room temp
1 tsp vanilla(I use about twice that amount)
1/4 c. butter
2 c. powdered sugar

Beat all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Frost cake when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment