Sunday, February 24, 2013

Gideon????

Ok so this is quite possibly the most hilarious thing that has ever happened to us. We had this cat. His name was Gideon. We got him off Craigslist last year for FREE when we were looking for a mouser, you know, because we live in the sticks. So he was the best cat EVER. Probably about 5 years old. All this loose skin like he used to be overweight, green eyes, fixed, and BIG. He snuggled inside, and caught mice, and spent half his time outside, bonus because it meant less mess in the litter box.

Terence was deploying, and my parents didn't especially want a cat at their house. So Terence asked around at work to see if anyone wanted a cat. Then when he thought he might be coming back he just tried to find someone to cat sit. He finally found someone. So they watched the cat, and we left to go to WA.

When he got home he started asking about the cat. Because of scheduling issues and busyness it took him almost a month to get the cat back. When Gideon came home he acted funny, wouldn't jump up on the dryer to eat his food, he was extra clingy and needy to Terence, and he wasn't really interested in catching mice. Weird.

So I get home a few days ago, and I start to suspect, this is NOT Gideon. First, he is smaller, and all his extra skin is gone. Then it hits me, this cat is NOT fixed. Finally I realize the thing that really makes him look different is that this cats eyes are light brown/yellow, and Gideon's eyes were green, super green. This is not my cat.

So who would pull a stunt like, that is what I want to know, and why? I don't care too much as long as he's nice and catches mice. I think the thing I'm most annoyed with is that now I have to pay to get this cat fixed, wormed, and vaccinated. The great cat switcheroo. Who knew things happened like that except in movies??? Hope you had a good laugh. I did.

1 comment:

  1. That is messed up!! Where IS your cat? What did the sitter have to say about it?

    ReplyDelete