Thursday, May 19, 2011

The goings on at the Boyer house...

Well, alot of you know, who know us well, what's been going on here. However, I figure it's about time to share with the general public. I know alot of you are thinking, how can she announce she's pregnant again while she's still pregnant??? HAHA! I deserve that one, since it's usually the only big news we have around here. Actually, God has been working in some pretty big ways around here, and I've been waiting for enough time to blog about it without interruption. Well, today is the day! :)

I guess it all really started when T and I were growing up. Both of us were brought up in good Christian homes, where we were taught all about Jesus, and serving the Lord. We were missionaries for a little while when I was in elementary school, and ever since then I have wanted to do missionary work, long or short term, it didn't matter to me. T did a little missionary work, but never really felt much of a call to that. He did however feel God's call on his life. We both had turned from our faith, and were kind of doing our own thing when we met. Since then, God has called us back to Him, and strengthened both of our relationships with Him, and our marriage and family through the years.

T is in the Army, and has always planned on staying there. He didn't want to do 20 years and retire, he wanted to do 30! He likes everything about the Army, the job, the guys he works with, the stability. Since we've been up in Alaska, we've been going to this really great church. It'll be hard to leave when we're done with our 3 years up here! A little over a month ago, as we were sitting in church, our pastor was preaching, and I really felt like God was speaking to T. I don't usually sit in church and think, oh man, is God speaking to that other person over there, but this time, I really did feel that. I sat in my chair next to my wonderful husband and just silently prayed over him the whole sermon. He looked really nervous, chewing his nails and the whole bit. The more I prayed, the more nervous he looked...

When service was over, we picked up our masses and headed out to the car. He's still acting nervous as all get out. We start to pull out of church, and he says that he doesn't know how to tell me this, but he thinks we're supposed to get out of the Army and go into full time ministry service. So of course, instantly I'm hoping it's missionary work. He's thinking of(and praying for) something else... HAHA! I think he expected me to freak out, instead I couldn't stop grinning ear to ear. We have no idea what exactly God is calling us to, except for now, to get ready. We have 3 years left on T's contract, during which time we will get the rest of the way out of debt, and T will go to school online. Then we'll use his GI bill to finish up his last year to 3 years of school. That's all the instruction we get for now, and to be honest, it's more than I thought we'd get. God does, after all, ask us to live day to day for Him, not necessarily with a road map, or a step by step guide.

Funny enough, I'm totally not even worried about it. I can honestly say I have more peace about this than anything else in a long time. I know without a doubt that we will have all the things we need, and so much more. I'm really looking forward to this next part of our adventure. A little side note to those of you wondering what this does to our "we'll take a many kids as God will give us" belief.... It changes nothing. What kind of belief would it be if the first sign of instability made us turn our backs on it?

My hope is that my hairbows and diaper cakes will take off enough that I can help T out so he doesn't have to go to school and work full time when he's done with the Army. I keep feeling like there's something else I should be doing as well to get ready, but for now, God hasn't revealed that to me. So, as a friend reminded me, if you don't feel any instruction from the Lord on what you should do next, just do the last thing He told you to do, until He gives you a new task. So for now I'll be homeschooling, paying off debt, building a business, supporting my man, and waiting...

1 comment:

  1. I am grinning from ear to ear too! You guys are an Awesome Family! I am so excited for you :O) I love you and will be praying for your next BIG adventure! Ginger

    ReplyDelete