Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Switch

So we finally did it. We switched from disposable to cloth diapers(GASP). This is something that we've been considering since before we got pregnant with Jeffrey. My friend Rebecca got me thinking about it about 2 years ago, when she was preggo with her 3rd handsome little boy. I researched it, decided what I wanted to use, and then went back and forth for 2 years, over whether or not to make the switch. My biggest problem was the washing. Seriously, in a family my size, we go through about 4 loads of laundry a day, and that's if no one throws up or wets the bed, or on Fridays when we change all the linens in the house. So, the thought of doing any more laundry was a serious deal breaker for me! However, the last couple of weeks I've been able to stay on top of all the laundry, and so I've been back to thinking about it!
So, we went with Fuzzibunz(my top pick) and I'm super happy about it! I love them, and so does Jeffrey(and yes we've had poopy diapers already!). I'll update in a week or two in case we hate it by then! :) We also switched to cloth wipes, which I also love. Jeffrey's skin is so sensitive so this is a huge change for him! I've also committed to cloth diapering all the time, at home and while we're out, so we'll see how it goes after my first crazy day not at home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment